Starting in 2023, KHOC is providing Housing First Services thanks to a grant from the Washington Health Care Authority. KHOC also utilizes the Foundational Community Supports program to assist Medicaid-eligible individuals.
Housing Support Services work to solve homelessness by providing housing as soon as possible.
KHOC’s Housing First Services
Get information and referrals for housing, access to survival gear and other barrier removal services, and Peer-delivered support.
Housing Specialists and Housing Navigators provide case management so you can:
- Find resources available to help get and keep housing
- Get help with connecting to other services you might want or need
- Engage with those services (we’ll meet you where you’re at!)
- Learn about what gets in the way of you getting and staying housed
- Work through any speed bumps (finances, transportation, move-in needs, etc.) together
People who receive Housing First Services have a better chance at thriving, not just surviving because they can get stable and become and/or stay employed, reach academic success, and find financial security.
The Housing First model has shown to decrease:
- New homeless episodes
- Hospital stays
- Use of public services
- Emergency calls
- Under-treated mental health symptoms
- Substance use